When we become accredited to teach Pet CPR and First Aid this is that the 3-1/2 to 4-hour course will cover:
- The role of first aid with your pet
- Safety concerns for the provider
- Preparing a pet first aid kit
- Monitoring your pet
- Understanding pet vital signs and how to measure them
- Recognizing normal & abnormal behaviors
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Loss of appetite
- Weakness or collapse
- Cold or heat exposure
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Recognizing the signs of cardiopulmonary arrest
- Cat and dog CPR
- Temporary wound care, infection prevention
- Suspected fracture or spinal injury
- Burn wounds
- Hit by car, fall from height, animal attack
- Poisonings and envenomations
- Allergic Reactions
- Insect stings
- Vaccine reactions
- General allergies
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Breathing problems/respiratory distress
- Rescue breathing
Tell me if there is something you want to know/learn that is not listed here.
Get KSCO Pet Radio
in your inbox
Subscribe to our weekly mailing list and get the guest lineup to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.