12:08 PM — Cat Behavioralist Dr. Rachel Geller. “In light of the COVID-19 emergency, I have been doing a lot of cat behavior seminars on the effects of the various disruptions to your cat. For example, changes in schedules, routines, light patterns, diet changes (maybe adult kids who have come home are feeding the cat table scraps), etc can all cause stress in a cat. In addition, they pick up on our stress. So, all of this pent-up stress needs to be released somehow, and some of the ways cats choose to do this are not that acceptable to us!”
12:30 PM — Colleen Combs, Green Dog Rescue, Windsor, CA. Colleen will discuss two topics: 1. How is your pet helping you and how can you work on improving/eliminating unwanted behaviors. 2. How you can support your local pet businesses/rescues/shelters.
1:08 PM — Dr. Kelly Diehl, Morris Animal Foundation — “I know that lots of folks are talking about coronavirus and although we tried to stay out of the conversation, we’ve been drawn in, too. However, would it be a nice break to talk about some of our new cancer research in preparation for our spring canine cancer campaign. We’re also holding a virtual walk as a fund-raiser (we used to do this and brought it back this year).”
- More specifically:
- Changes to how we’re doing adoptions
- Adapting to social distancing while still trying to help people and their animals, especially in regards to animal rescue & control
- Creating a Pet Food Bank to help low-income pet owners and even delivering pet food and litter to those who are high-risk and cannot leave their homes
- Suggestions on making a plan for your animal should you require hospitalization, or are no longer able to care for your pet
- Adapting to virtual animal behavior classes & consultations instead of in-person
- Training our new volunteers online via Zoom and e-learning
- Moving our monthly Pet Loss Support Group to a Zoom meeting instead of in-person
- Offering our Summer Animal Camps for youth via Zoom instead of in-person
- Creating videos of our Pet Assisted Therapists and sending to the places where they visit for pet therapy so everyone can stay in touch for the time being
- Creating animal education videos since we’ve had to cancel many of our in-person education programs
- Where to purchase the CBD oil that I use and recommend - July 13, 2020
- Update on Site and Show Mess-Ups - July 7, 2020
- Show Transcript: Supertoxic Rat Poison Kills Wildlife - July 1, 2020
Get KSCO Pet Radio
in your inbox
Subscribe to our weekly mailing list
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.