Dr. Tina Wismer is responsible for overseeing medical recommendations made by the veterinary staff. She is also highly involved in lecturing, making media appearances and writing, and she coordinates the APCC’s extern program. Dr. Wismer earned her undergraduate degree from Ohio’s University of Findlay in 1990 and received her DVM from Purdue University in 1994. Her first job was in a small animal practice in Michigan. She then worked for an emergency practice in South Bend, IN, before joining the APCC in 1998. In July 2003, Dr. Wismer became a Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology and the American Board of Veterinary Toxicology. Dr. Wismer has written several peer-reviewed toxicology articles and book chapters. She is an adjunct instructor at the University of Illinois, previously a visiting professor at St. Matthews University (Cayman), a consultant for VIN (Veterinary Information Network) and a Master Gardener.
Animal-related emergency? Call 888.426.4435
- Agricultural chemicals (pesticides, herbicides, rodenticides)
- Animal products (drugs, pharmacovigilance)
- Food ingredients
- Environmental pollutants (heavy metals, volatile organic compounds)
- Natural toxicants (mycotoxins, toxic plants)
- Human medications and household products
- Illicit and recreational drugs
Consulting Services Offered
- Product safety evaluation, product development evaluation
- Safety assessment of active and inactive ingredients
- Toxicology data interpretation
- Veterinary medical records review and expert opinion
- Report writing
- Literature search and review
- Risk hazard assessment
- Litigation support
- Field investigation
- Treatment protocol development
- Research facility inspection and animal welfare evaluation
- Case incident monitoring (biosurveillance) and adverse drug reaction reporting (pharmacovigilance)
- Industry-driven reporting and labeling requirements
- Assist regulatory and other government agencies with data retrieval and analysis
- Online and onsite educational seminars
Get KSCO Pet Radio
in your inbox every Friday
Subscribe to our weekly mailing list and get the weekly guest lineup to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.