PODCAST (8:19) — Our good friend, Sabrina Ashjian, California state director of the Humane Society of the United States, is always a great guest and recently asked to come back on the show to discuss her organization’s work on COVID-19 help for people and pets in our state.
We talk about:
- People’s wonderful response to the need for fosters and adopters
- How pets and people are great sources of love and support for each other during this crisis
- Innovative work by shelters and rescues to make animals available to new homes during social distancing and closures
- My concern that as time goes on the current enthusiasm may wane
- The need of special help for people who are sick, or old, or have no money
- Free HSUS COVID resource kit at hsus.org
- Her program to deliver “care packages” to animal workers and first responders (you can help!) and support for shelter wish lists
- Pairing pet and human food banks for one-stop client support and building no-contact deliveries where needed
Her email is email@example.com if you can offer help, need help, or want to volunteer. HSUS is an important partner in producing our program. Please support them.